The Centre welcomes all forms of support from members of the local community, whether they be individuals, groups or businesses.
Vacancy for Day Care Assistant / Driver
Working Thursday to Saturday (except public holidays) for 7 hours per day at £9.61 per hour (£6,996.08 per annum); to assist the Centre Manager in meeting the physical and social needs of the day care service users as a member of the day care team.
- Mainly, give practical assistance to service users in all aspects such as bathing and toileting enduring the personal care needs of individuals are met.
- To assist in leisure activities.
- To assist in preparation and serving of meals.
- At times, driving the Centre’s minibus providing a transport service for elderly service users to attend the Centre.
- Carry out visual inspections of the minibus and maintain accurate records, reporting any defects immediately. A clean D1 driving licence will be required.
- Must hold a current Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Certificate.
- Minimum of one year’s experience of working with vulnerable older people who suffer from a physical and/or dementia type illness within a care setting.
- Experienced minibus driver holding a current, clean and valid driving licence with category D1 unrestricted (car licence obtained prior to 01/01/1997).
- Capability to maintain accurate vehicle and user records.
Interested? Please complete an application form and submit to the office by 30th June 2017. Interviews for the position will be conducted on 4/5th July. For further details please contact the Centre Manager, Sonja Richards.
The Centre depends greatly upon the kind work of volunteers to provide assistance with many of its day-to-day functions, such as:
- Serving refreshments
- Helping to run the Arts & Crafts groups
- Quiz mastering
- Driving (12-seater minibus)
We value every minute of volunteered time. If you are able to offer at least one hour per week and you are interested in volunteering with us, please do get in touch.
Students note: Bertha James Day Centre is registered as an approved placement for students looking for work experience with an opportunity to study social care, and/or work towards a Prince’s Trust Award/Certificate.
The donation of gifts, materials, services and financial contributions go a long way towards maintaining the Centre and securing its place in our community.
The following items are always gratefully received:
- Raffle prizes
- Plants and flowers
- Art and craft materials
- Office stationery
- Large flat-screen displays (>21″)
- Printing services
- Advertising space
Thankfully we do not need any of the following items:
- Mobility/walking aids
- Jigsaws, puzzles or other games
While the Centre cannot advertise as prominently as it might like to, it depends largely upon referrals and recommendations by word-of-mouth. Would you have a suitable noticeboard with space to pin one of our flyers? Would you be prepared to give us a positive review on Google?