The Centre has an admission procedure for those who wish to attend on a regular basis. While formal referrals by a health professional are not necessary, there are certain assessments which must be made in order to designate a new client to one of three ‘bands’. The essential criteria for clients in each band are as follows:
- Able to function with reasonable independence within a day centre environment.
- Able to self-mobilise with or without the assistance of a walking aid, excluding wheelchairs.
- Able to perform personal tasks (such as eating and toileting) without assistance.
- Able to behave in a safe and fairly reliable manner without risk to self or others.
- May have a confirmed diagnosis of moderate dementia (a MMSE score between 10-20) which affects their memory, attention span, language, orientation and behaviour;
Requires physical assistance to mobilise, whether by way of a wheelchair or support from another person.
- Unable to perform personal tasks (such as eating and toileting) without assistance.
- Has a tendency to wander.
- Has a confirmed diagnosis of advanced dementia which significantly affects their language, orientation or behaviour;
Requires extensive physical assistance to mobilise with the support of two other people.
- Unable to perform personal tasks (such as eating and toileting) without extensive assistance.
- Has a strong tendency to wander and/or behave in a challenging manner, though never to a hazardous extent.
Please note that places for ‘Band 3’ clients are necessarily restricted according to staff levels.
Charges for day care are based on individual requirements in accordance with a scale fixed by Bromley Council.
- Band One: £18 day, £9 half-day
- Band Two: £25 day, £12.50 half-day
- Band Three: £33 day, £16.50 half-day